IHCYLT - The International House Certificate in Teaching Young Learners and Teenagers
- The aims of the course are to provide participants with the necessary skills and knowledge to teach English to Young Learners.
- The course is not designed with any particular age group in mind. Input sessions cover the complete range of young learners (3-16 years old).
- The course is validated, and the syllabus and assessment criteria are set by the International House World Organisation.
- It is a 50 hour course, made up of 30 hours of input and 20 hours of observed teaching practice, observation of teachers, reading and homework tasks/assignments.
- Participants are observed teaching children of different age groups
- Areas covered include:
- Child and Teenager development
- Planning lessons and course design
- Material selection and design
- Mixed ability classes
- Different approaches
- Teaching skills to YLTs
- How children learn languages, etc
- Participants receive an IHWO Certificate after completing the course and the assessed homework assignments
Courses run on demand.
HOW TO APPLY
Please contact us for further information.